Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Soup
You have a refrigerator full of leftover turkey and ham and potatoes but the last thing you need is another heavy meal. This Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Soup allows you to create a tummy-warming meal.
The dishes are washed and put away. The guest have long gone home. In fact, you’re probably already into Christmas decorating mode if you’re like our family. Yet, you have a refrigerator full of yummy leftovers from your Thanksgiving Dinner. The thoughts of another heavy meal is too much. So what do you do with all of that food? Simple – you create one of my favorite soups that is delicious and best of all – empties out your fridge. You can make this Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Soup in minutes and allow it to simmer in a crockpot.
Although I will share a “recipe” – it isn’t set in stone. Do you have peas leftover? Okay add them? Do you have green bean casserole leftover? Okay, add that? Some gravy but not a lot? No worries, add it. I guess you could also call this a “Clean Out Your Fridge After Thanksgiving Soup.” 🙂 It may sound weird to just dump everything into a single pot and call it a soup, but trust me – its a family tradition. You don’t need any cream or thickener because the mashed potatoes do that job. It’s quick to prepare because everything is already cooked and all it needs is heating up. This is the dinner we always eat the day after Thanksgiving and one that is heart and warming and filling after a long day of Black Friday shopping.
Grilled cheese sandwiches or warm, crusty bread is all you need. Meat, potatoes, vegetables – it’s all there. A warm meal in a bowl. It doesn’t get much better than that. Enjoy this recipe for Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Soup!!! xxoo, Barb
- 2 Cups Rough Chopped Turkey Meat (both white and dark are fine)
- 2 Cups Mashed Potatoes (or whatever is leftover)
- 2 Cups Vegetables (any combo of peas, carrots - even green bean casserole is fine)
- Leftover Gravy -approx 1 Cup
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbs Butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add mashed potatoes. milk and butter and allow to soften up. Add chicken stock, leftover turkey and leftover vegetables. Stir well. Add any leftover gravy. Add more chicken stock or water, as needed, to create a soup consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- * I have even cut up some leftover ham into small chunks which adds a mild smoky taste and is very good.
Please don’t forget to PIN IT & SHARE IT!
I would love for you to Pin & Share this image on your fave social media sites.
Simply scroll the center of the image and click the icons of your choice.
Thank you for spending a few
minutes of your day here with me.
You can follow along with
The Everyday Home here….
Here are some of the Link Parties I may be sharing this post with.
You can find more parties on my Linky Party Page.
” …everyday ideas for your home and life! “