My family loves pasta.
Let me state that once again. My family LOVES pasta. 😀 Especially my babies, so this Grammy makes a lot of it. I especially love it during the Summer months when we grill. Let’s face it – pasta salad is a fabulous accompaniment to almost any grilled meat. Sometimes I will create a pasta salad from the leftover grilled meats and veggies, too. We love this Mexican Style Pasta Salad because it is versatile and I can add any number of ingredients to it, as well as adjust the heat level. I think you will love this!
Mexican Style Pasta Salad
Last week I shared some tips for Perfectly Juicy Grilled Chicken. It’s very hard to grill chicken breasts and have them retain any moisture, but you can with my secret Southern tip. But, man can not live on grilled chicken alone can he? No, no, no. You need sides.
Yummy and easy to prepare sides which perfectly compliment the main dish. This pasta recipe combines the best of both worlds – a great pasta with Mexican flavors. And it could not be easier to prepare. I will often use a prepared salad dressing and add some spunk to it, like a few tablespoons of jalapeno juice to a zesty Italian and a dash of ground cumin.
The key to this side dish are the ingredients you add to the pasta. I like to add black beans and corn and green onions. You can even add chunks of fresh avocado if you like. I kept it pretty simple this time – a good olive oil, some apple cider vinegar, lime and jalapeno juice and cumin. That’s it. No need to make things complicated.
After all, it’s Summertime. You don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when you can be outside on the deck enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. Here is my easy, printable recipe:
- (1) Box Spiral Pasta (or any shape)
- 1/2 Purple Onions, slices thinly
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped *(optional)
- 1 Cup Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh Lime Juice (about 4 Tbs)
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- *(optional) 1 Tbs Jalapeno Juice (from jarred jalapenos)
- Cook pasta and drain. While pasta is cooking, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Toss in corn, beans, tomato halves, sliced onions and cilantro. Pour in dressing and mix well.
- * You can create a creamier version by adding 1/2 cup sour cream.
I would love for you to Pin & Share this image on your fave social media sites.
Simply scroll the center of the image and click the icons of your choice.
Thank you for spending a few
minutes of your day here with me.
You can follow along with
The Everyday Home here….
Here are some of the Link Parties I may be sharing this post with.
You can find more parties on my Linky Party Page.
” …finding joy in the everyday! “