I’m Easy Like Sunday Morning.
Well, at least when it comes to cooking.
Quick. Easy. Simple.
But, ultimately delicious.
Because the Grandloves are here with us so much –
the “yummy” part is non-negotiable.
And to a 3, 6 and 9-year old – the term “yummy” means
something totally different from us adults.
I will be sharing one of my family’s favorite meals in
a few weeks as part of Tyson’s A+ Program.
Here is a sneak peak….
The base of this yummy skillet is my
Homemade Easy Cheesy Mexican Rice.
It packs a wallop of spices and veggies.. and if you are
serving this as a side dish, you can give it a generous douse of cheese, too.
One of these days, I will share how I make
Mexican Fried Cheese and Rice Balls with
my creamy Jalapeño Dipping Sauce.
Hashtag Ahmazing Good
But for now… here is my Easy Mexican Rice Recipe.
Enjoy and Have a great weekend, my Everyday Friends.
- (3) Cups Cooked White Rice, still warm *( I use Minute Rice)
- (1) 16 oz. Jar Salsa (any brand and any heat level)
- (2) Tbs. Prepared Taco Seasoning Mix
- (1) Can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- (1) Can black beans, drained and rinsed
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the salsa, corn, beans, taco mix and lime zest to the rice. Stir well. Add the juice stir and taste. Add shredded cheese, mix well and taste. Add salt and pepper, as needed. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and allow the heat of the rice to melt the cheese.
- (1) small can of chopped green chiles; (1) small chopped and seeded jalapeno; Use a hotter style of salsa.
- *opt: serve with sour cream.
If you loved this recipe, I would love for you to
PIN this image to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
(simple scroll your mouse over center of image and click the “P”)
Thank you for spending a few
minutes of your day here with me.
You can follow along with
The Everyday Home here….
Here are some of the Link Parties I may be sharing this post with.
You can find more parties on my Linky Party Page.