It strikes dread in most women and sheer happiness in men.
I happen to like football. I wouldn’t say “love” because if there was an episode of
Fixer Upper or Master Chef on – well, that’s what I would be watching.
But, I do like to follow a few teams. We are Carolina Panther fans. And we, we’ve
had an exciting season. We are hoping for a run at the Big Game Day.
This recipe is always a big hit with football Lovers and Fixer Upper fans alike!
Chili Cheese Dog Cups
So I have come to the conclusion that you either love football, or you don’t.
It’s like licorice. 😀
I do like football. Moving around for so many years, we developed a following
for quite a few different teams. For the past few years, we have had a large
Super Bowl gathering. There are times I think it’s more about the food than
the game – but that’s ok. I put together quite the spread – all finger foods that
can be eaten while you’re standing in front of the television – yelling.
I will also warn you – Game Day Buffet is all about quick ‘n easy and
comfort foods. This recipe starts with Hormel Chili, Crescent Rolls,
Hotdogs and Cheese. I have also used mini Beef weiners.
Crescent Rolls. One of the five food groups. lol
The prep time is so simple…roll out the dough, cut small circles with
a biscuit cutter, etc.
Place the dough discs in a muffin pan…
Now, fill your dough cups with Hormel Chili and hot dogs cut into thirds.
Top with a generous amount of shredded cheese…
Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 13 mins.
I like to have some typical Hot Dog toppings available…
Everyone can top their Chili Cheese Dog Cups however they choose…
You will want to make a double batch or more of these!
‘Cause Game Day makes the crowd HUNGRY!
This is the perfect snack because it’s easier to eat and handle than a
- (1) Roll of Crescent Dough
- (1) Small can Hormel Chili
- 4 Hotgogs, cut into thirds
- (2) Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- *(opt) Toppings: Shredded Cheese, Sliced Jalapenos, Chopped Onion, Mustard, Ketchup
- Roll out the container of crescent dough and using either your fingers or a rolling pin, smooth out dough so it is a large square with no holes in the dough, etc. Using a biscuit cutter or other round cutting device (you can use a clean tin can), cut out 12 dough discs. If you run out of dough, squish together the excess dough and roll flat, and cut that out. Place a dough disc into each muffin cup. Add a rounded tablespoon of chili. Add a 1/3 pc of hotdog and smoosh into chili. Top generously with cheese. Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for about 13-15 mins. Allow to cool slightly before removing cups from pan Top with more cheese and hot dog condiments of your choice.
Who is your favorite team?
Do you have a favorite Game Day Snack?
What would you top these Chili Cheese Dog Cups with?
For even more “Everyday” Recipes check out…
I would love for you to share these images on your favorite social media sites.
Simply scroll the top left corner of image and click on the social media icon of your choice.
Thank you for spending a few
minutes of your day here with me.
You can follow along with
The Everyday Home here….
Here are some of the Link Parties I may be sharing this post with.
You can find more parties on my Linky Party Page.
“Make Yourself at Home.”