Good ole’ Mike Wazowski and Sully.
I. LOVE. THEM.
And they are back – starring in Monsters University.
That big eye and those purple, furry dots get me every time.
Me and my boys have watched the original Monsters Inc.
more times than I can count. (Here is a secret… I heart Roz.)
“I’m watching you Wakowski. Always watching.. Always.”
When I saw the trailer for Monsters University, I knew that
me and my boys had a date at the theatre. They loved Monsters U
just as much as the first movie. And I loved the storyline.
“I’ve been waiting for this my whole life.
I’m gonna be a scarer.”
One of the boy’s favorite lines that they still walk around
saying is “Drool is a Tool.” Recently, Disney offered me a
Monster’s University Blu-Ray Combo Pack and I jumped
at the chance. It will be officially released for sale on
Oct 29th! You can pre-order a copy by going HERE.
October 29th is also, coincidentally, Roo’s birthday. So, we
are going to have a Monster’s U theme party. Did you happen
to catch the Party Bags and Cupcakes I made and featured
earlier this week?
Two sizes of Party Bags, a cupcake carrrier and Mike and
Sully cupcakes. I found all of the supplies at my local craft store.
To make the Mike Wazowski cupcakes…
- Add neon-green food coloring to white icing.and mix well.
- Then, roll out some white fondant, and cut some circles.
- Mixed a small batch of neon blue-colored icing.
- Place the fondant circle on the iced green cupcake.
- Using a small piping tip and bag, pipe on the blue part of the eye.
- Add a candy eye which you can buy at your craft store.
- Using some black icing, pipe on a smile.
- Pipe on large white “dots” for teeth.
- Finally, mold some fondant into horns.
To make the Sully cupcakes –
- Use a #233 Tip to create the “furry” icing.
- Pipe on the blue first.
- Then, pipe on the purple highlights.
- Mold fondant to create the horns.
I also created Party bags and cute little cupcake carriers
using Chinese Take-out boxes.
These were made with basic bags and boxes from the
craft store, then I simply cut shapes from card stock.
“Googley” eyes give the bags some movement. I found
this great idea from Dukes and Duchesses and plan to
make these, too.
If you are a fan of Mike and Sully,
you can follow along
If you would like to see even more
Monsters U projects and fun blog posts,
Happy Weekend Everyone – or as Mike Wazowski
“Just reach deep down and let the scary out.”
See you on Monday with a fabulous Guest Post by
Kelly from My Soulful Home.